MEDICAL MISSIONS OPPORTUNITY
International Samaritan’s annual medical and dental mission provides assistance to the under-served and poverty-stricken families living in garbage dump communities. During the course of a week medical professionals and volunteers provide free healthcare, medicine, and vision assessment for approximately 1,000 men, women, and children.
The Medical Team will:
- Provide medical attention to all ages suffering from easily treatable but serious illnesses
- Administer medicine and vitamins to clinic patients
- Collaborate with community leaders to provide medical care to impoverished families living near the garbage dump in greatest need
- Educate local community in the prevention of common illnesses.
- Work with local doctors to provide follow-up care for patients.